Black mood balls for the connoisseur
These black poppy seed balls hide an interesting mix and taste. Poppy seed is the largest plant source of calcium, and also contains a significant proportion of magnesium and iron. Thanks to its high-fat content, it is highly energy-efficient and will feed you and give you energy for a long time.
Ingredients for 15 balls
- 1 cup of ground poppy
- 1 tbsp of carob powder
- 1 tbsp of raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 2/3 cup of dried plums
- 1 tbsp of chocolate protein (I used Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Chocolate)
- 1 tbsp of vanilla protein (I used PEScience Vegan Select Vanilla Protein this time)
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1-2 tbsp of rum (who wants to add rum flavour)
- 1/4 cup of filtered water
Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend it until they are really well combined. The dough can make 1 big ball in your blender. Make 15 small balls. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
However, athletes are not recommended to use poppy for at least 24 hours before the race due to doping controls.